Sometimes, roof issues are so bad that a new roof is the only answer, but if this is not the case for you and roof repair is an option, there are some things you need to consider when getting a roof repair service in Fort Lauderdale.
Types of roof repairs
Concerning types of repairs, a Fort Lauderdale roof repair company can do either a repair or a recoat. A repair entails retaining the original framework, replacing old plywood with new, and then covering it with new materials like tile or shingles. A silicone re-coat involves the application of a new layer of silicone.
To determine whether or not you need the services of a Fort Lauderdale roof repair company, conduct the following inspections as recommended by the City of Fort Lauderdale Historic Preservation Guidelines. Keep in mind though, that it is not advisable for you to walk on your roof.
- Walk the perimeter of your home after severe storms and check the roof for missing tiles or shingles.
- Check shingles for buckling or curling.
- Check all the rooms or your home for signs of roof leakage, signs such as:
- Water stains (discolorations) on ceilings or interior walls
- Spots on exterior walls such as mold or moss.
Preventative Fort Lauderdale Roof Repair Tips
When using the services of a Fort Lauderdale roof repair company, the City of Fort Lauderdale Historic Preservation Guidelines encourage you to:
- Maintain, clean, or repair all roofing, rooftop features, and roof accessories.
- Keep your original drainage system and its appearance.
- If you have metal components prone to rust, or wood elements susceptible to rot or deterioration, have them regularly repainted.
- Clean all gutters and downspouts at least every Spring and Fall, but more regularly if needed.
- After a storm or a freeze, check your attic to try and catch small leaks early and minimize damage.
- Instead of profiled K-gutters, which often compete with your structure’s features, install half-round gutters.
- Use plain rectangular or round down-spouting instead of corrugated for a cleaner look.
- When damaged or missing materials need to be replaced, use new materials that match the visuals, such as the size, shape, texture, and color of the old.
- Make sure you use fasteners and flashing that have a similar life span to your roofing materials.
- To avoid galvanic action, use one single type of metal for fasteners, flashing, gutters, and downspouts that are compatible with your roofing.
Generally, a full repair takes only one to three weeks when performed by an experienced Fort Lauderdale roof repair company. We are a licensed, insured, highly experienced, and highly qualified Fort Lauderdale roofing company with a long history of satisfied customers in Fort Lauderdale, just take a look at our portfolio of roofing projects. If you need the services of a Fort Lauderdale roof repair company give us a call at 954-799-4069, or fill out our request for a quote from above. We may just be the best Fort Lauderdale roofing company for you.